Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Random Ramblings...

 When I was doing the wash-rinse-repeat dance with my latest haul from The Bins, my spray bottle gave up. I have a couple (not 3) of those old fashioned sprinkle tops so I rigged up a new water bottle for the ironing. My mother's was a pop bottle and she called it "the sprinkle bottle".  Maybe there is a real name.  I don't know.  I used a vintage bottle that I also had on hand and decorated it with a couple of floral stickers.  I really don't mind ironing but so much nicer with this pretty bottle!
 I also moved the herbs and the Farm Fresh sign to the wagon, er, Farm Wagon.
 A close up of the pretty bloom that wanted to sneak in to the picture.  Now that The Farm is done it is time to give the roses that are left some attention.  I think a couple of them are going to need some major pruning back so they can just start over for this year.
 I won a lace auction on eBay almost two weeks ago and it was finally delivered yesterday.  Lots of neat pieces for the inspiration kits.  I think that ruffled piece with the roses down the center is going to inspire an altered bottle kit.  I haven't made one of those in a while.
 I don't usually post about recipes since I don't like to cook but The Husband made this last night and it is SO good that I had to share.  White Bean and Radish Salad.  You can find the recipe here.  We used fresh white and red radishes from the garden.  Add a few crackers and a boiled egg or some cheese to your plate and you've got a whole meal.  Delicious!!
A treat for me!  I ordered these earrings from Luna Jewelry on Etsy.   My photo does not do them justice.  They are the most delightful little bees hovering near their big droplets of golden honey.  Beautiful!
There are buttons in my future [like that's news - har har!]so stay tuned.

8 comments:

Annette said...

I think my mom used a sprinkle bottle when she ironed. Or maybe it was my grandma. Anyway, I know somebody did! I love the wagon with the herbs and the sign...like they were all made to go together!
The salad looks absolutely delicious and summery!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh I love your farm wagon!! So very cute! Oh my...lots of laces and trims!! How exciting! Can't wait to see what you put together! Pretty, Pretty! xo Holly

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I sure hope you saved some of that salad, it looks delicious! Your garden is looking so "farm fresh" and the rose is simply gorgeous. I'm sure you had fun going through your newest eBay win. Fun stuff and looking forward to you buttons.

My Vintage Mending said...

I have missed your sweet finds...great farm fresh wagon...smiles..>Renee

Andy's Attic said...

My mother had a sprinkle bottle! Your farm wagon looks perfect. And those bee earrings are "the bees knees"!!!

Laurie said...

"There are buttons in my future" -- what sweet words! I like those earrings. And that cool ashtray in your earlier post!

CATHY said...

Love the earrings! Can't believe you are already getting things from the garden!

CATHY said...

and that dinner looks super yummy!