Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sunday Picking and a Little LUX

I haven't had much luck at the VofA over the past several weeks but my luck changed last Sunday. You already know I adore those old satin dresser trays and was lucky enough to find two. I also got a little rayon seam binding and some interesting jewelry, including a rosary.
My favorite find was the two frilly little LUX soap "baskets". They are so pretty and brought back memories I hadn't thought of in years. I think they must have been made in the 1960s or early 1970s. I can remember some of my mother's friends making little "fishies" from the oval LUX soap cakes covered in pastel netting. They gave the bathroom such a lovely fragrance! I wonder if they even sell LUX soap anymore?? These are just adorable and went straight to my Etsy store where they can give someone else an awwwww moment.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I don't remember LUX soap or these baskets but they sure are pretty and feminine! So are the satin trays! I'm so glad you share your findings with us!

Anonymous said...

ME Too! That about says it all after I read "About You" comments...keep sharing your talent...thanks a bunch!

Mel's Cabin