Monday, November 15, 2010

Saturday Estate Sales

I ventured out on Saturday instead of Sunday this past weekend and only had time to visit a couple of Estate sales. The first one was so high priced that even if I had the time to go back for half price on Sunday I STILL would have thought it was high.

I always wonder what they think when somebody like me spends an hour looking through all the treasures then walks up to the card table with a tiny little handful of treasures. They probably think I'm casing the joint!
I got everything pictured except for the doilies at that sale. The vintage Victorian calling cards are really pretty neat and I have decided to lean into all those wooden spools. Annette over at So Many Memories pointed out how pretty they look piled in a big bowl and she is right! Thanks for tip Annette!
The doilies were my only find from the second sale. I'm loving those shear nylon ones. This sale was in a planned retirement neighborhood so naturally there are a lot to Estate sales in there. A sad fact of life I'm afraid. I don't usually bother with them since I figure these folks cleaned out most of the "junk" I'm interested in when they downsized to move there. This was the case at this sale and I was regretting bothering with until I found a little stack of lovely doilies. Goes to show I shouldn't make assumptions!

4 comments:

Annette said...

I always enjoy seeing what you find over the weekend! I'm glad you liked the spool idea!!!

Diane said...

Ahhh-more great finds!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I know what you mean about the prices. The overpriced pieces are usually still sitting the last day of the sale. The type of thing I look for (vintage jewelry) is in high demand now days, so it is getting harder to find inexpensive pieces.
Enjoy your day.

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

I love the idea for the spools! I will have to keep an eye out for some of those while out thrifting/yard saleing...