Friday, October 8, 2010

A Few Pretties

Whew! Apparently I took a little blogging break after all that work getting my Etsy moved. I did get out for a little treasure hunting last weekend and came home with a few pretties.
This was the first time EVER EVER EVER I found some millinery flowers! I sometimes find ones I call millinery flowers because they remind me of them but these are the REAL DEAL. How do I know that you might wonder? Because they were attached to a HAT. No kidding. I removed them myself. The hat was so dusty and dirty that I headed straight out to the garbage can with it then unexpectedly veered to the right and hung it on the side of my potting shed.
I also found another aluminum "baskets" to add to my collection. I just love those fancy handles and embossed designs. Poor man's silver for sure! The sweet little shoes are not vintage but too cute to pass by. Funny how few little pretties and trinkets nobody wanted all snuggled up together can become my treasure!
Art and Soul is in Portland this week. I couldn't attend because I work full time but tomorrow night a DIL and I are going to Vendor Night. We went last year and had a ball so I'm excited to see what this year has to offer!
I am linking up to Show and Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home. Better late than never!

4 comments:

Annette said...

....and every potting shed should have a hat!!!
You found some very pretty things indeed. I would have snatched up the wooden spools!

{oc cottage} said...

VERY pretty!

m ^..^

Curtains in My Tree said...

You did get some goodies, I always like baby shoes and sparkles.

Janice

Victoria said...

Yay..such beautiful treasures...awesome..enjoy!!