Thursday, September 30, 2010

Soup's On!

I don't recall the last time I didn't post in a whole week! Truth is, I still have my nose to the grindstone on moving my Etsy store. Good grief, who knew it would be so much work - not me for sure!
In the meantime I have something fun to show. I did pick up a few things last weekend, including some old Needlecraft magazines.
This ad is from one dated 1930. When I took a close look it cracked me up. When is the last time you saw OX Tail or Mock Turtle or Mulligatawny soup on the shelf at your local market? Luckily there is a description on the right side since I didn't even know what some of them are. Click the image a couple times to enlarge it so you can read it for yourself. Printanier - apparently an aspic right in a can. Who knew!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love This!!

Unknown said...

I love old magazines and the ads in them. Some really crack me up, and this ones a classic!