Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Can See Clearly Now....

 ...the rain is gone... I can see all obstacles in my way!  Well, more or less.  I FINALLY got my new glasses today.  When I first put them on I could see two of everything but my brain is slowly figuring it out.  As I was driving home from work tonight I was marveling at all the signs and leaves on the trees that I could see.  Heck, I bet I'm going to be able to tell the difference between a squirrel and a leaf crossing the street in front of me!!  This has been a real lesson in being grateful for good eyesight, I can tell you that.
Now, as promised, my favorite buttons from last weekend's junk.
Two gorgeous little paperweight buttons and two red satin glass buttons with rhinestones.  This is the first red satin glass I have found.
Some pretty MOP buttons.  The dark ones are not usually my favorite but this carved one is beautiful.
A few interesting plastics.
Glass buttons including two 3/4" blue Moonglows and a black glass whistle button (bottom left).  It was a small button score but lots of fun "keepers".
I can't wait to see what I can see now that I can see!

17 comments:

Gail said...

I'm all in favor of seeing, glad things have cleared up for you!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I knew your title meant you got your new glasses!!! Yea! I know many years ago I refused to wear reading glasses so I got one contact for reading, meaning my one eye sees near and the other eye without the contact sees far....The reason I am telling you this is that at first I thought "This is crazy" now I can't see anything...But, within about a month my brain had completely rewired and adjusted...so hang in there it will happen. How wonderful that you can already see the difference. And the buttons, great find, I love the jeweled and glass ones

Carol

Patty Antle said...

I have buttons but haven't classified them into what they're made of. Your post made me think about that. loved seeing your new ones.

Maureen said...

Congrats on your new glasses Kathy!

Yeah, it's always a good idea to be able to tell the difference between a squirrel and a leaf ;)

Must get new ones for myself too... mine are so old my neck is sore from looking up thru the bottom part of the bifocals. Yeesh.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Great news, I'm so happy to hear this. Do people look older now that you can see all the fine lines and wrinkles? You've always had a good eye for beautiful buttons...love these, especially the red satin ones.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What great news, so happy to hear!! Oh my what beautiful buttons!! :) Love them all!! :) xo Holly

laurie -magpie ethel said...

So glad the glasses are here and you can get beyond your little world of travel. A bright new world...

Annette said...

Yea for you!! I'm so happy you can really see things clearly now! Pretty buttons, too. Love the red ones.

Blessed Serendipity said...

I am so happy that you are able to see so much better now Kathy. Your buttons are amazing.

xo Danielle

Annette said...

Oh, I'm so glad you can see clearly now!
You find the best buttons! These are such pretty colors. I love the red ones and the carved mop.

The Junque Seeker said...

So glad that you are seeing clearly again! All the buttons are lovely, and that first button photo is screaming "spring!" to me.

Laurie said...

OMG, my jaw dropped at that first button photo! I'm so glad your peepers are working again!

Art and Sand said...

How exciting to be seeing clearly.

Enjoy your new vision,.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, so happy you can see clearly now and you sure have great sight for finding the best buttons.
Love this selection and those red satins are gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

vintage grey said...

And, what beauties you are seeing!! Enjoy!! xo Heather

Teresita said...

Kathy, cuantas cosas vintage que tienes!!!!

CATHY said...

But more importantly than squirrels - you can see buttons! so happy this operation was a success for you!