Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Little Bit Twisted

 A little junk I picked up sometime in the recent past.  My days of the week and weekends are all goofed up from the holidays so I don't really know when I bought these - lol!  It was sometime after this post.  With encouragement from a few of you, especially Gail, who were not creeped out by the doll eyeballs, I headed back over to Nina and Joe's for the crackly-headed doll that caught my attention on a previous visit.  It was still there because, um, it's not something for everyone, even at $6.  I also scored some pretty hankies and a new birdie for my collection so I'm not all bad.
Boo!  Did I scare you? I brought the dolly home and immediately dismembered it for this little studio vignette.  I thought it was interesting that she had a cardboard cylinder with a hunk of lead in it to weight the body.  Who knew.

16 comments:

Art and Sand said...

My mother had an amazing doll collection (it is still intact at my sister's house in boxes) and she had lots of clothes, shoes, wigs, and doll pieces too. Some were scary looking.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Diabolical. It is interesting how those old dolls are put together. Good trip to N & J.

Maureen said...

Yikes! This would make a great Halloween vignette... what is it about old worn dolls that is so creepy? ;)

Annette said...

I didn't think the doll was creepy, but dismembering it, well....
I know you'll do something very cool with all of it!
I need to go on a hunt for more hankies. Just wait til you see what I got!!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Is it strange that I don't find your finds creepy at all but adorable?

xo Danielle

The Junque Seeker said...

I absolutely love the eyeballs, and don't find the doll creepy either. My sister-in-law came by the other day and looked in my new craft space. Her only comment was that I "sure have a lot of heads in here. Creepy." I hadn't even noticed! LOL! I'm just glad there are others who feel the same about miscellaneous fake body parts as I do!

Lesa said...

I enjoy your collection too! And I'm a follower on your pinterest lists. It always amazes me, but when I'm checking I'll stop on something and say "wow" and then notice it's one of your pins.

Barbara said...

If I have nightmares tonight, I'm blaming you!!!

Gail said...

Needless to say, I LOVE what you found! Well done, my friend, well done...........................!

Annette said...

OK, I can tell the doll had a sweet face when it was new. But the arms sitting beside it and then the eyes there, too, well, it isn't my favorite thing to look at. Buttons anyone?? :>)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, the doll is amazing and a great find. It makes me think it was probably so well loved at one time and now it is in your care and loved again.
Interesting the elements used to put them together.
Have a creative new year.
Hugs

vintage grey said...

Wow, a little creepy! ;) Love all the beautiful hankies! Happy New Year Kathy! xo Heather

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love her, pink eye and all, lol. I've been know to dismember a doll or two also. Love your vignette and the eyeballs in the jar.

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I want to go junking with you! I love what you found.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love the pretty hankies! And the dollie...is/was cute! haha! Enjoy your day my friend and thanks for visiting me this morning! Makes me feel lots better! Hugs!

Laurie said...

I love the creepy doll AND the eyeballs!