Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Good Day Junking

 Wednesday?  Really?  Sometimes I don't know where the time goes.  Well, most of the time....  Last Saturday turned out just the way I hoped.  A lovely time going out to breakfast and then a trip to the VOA.  Even though it was already after noon I found not one, not two, but THREE poke sacks of buttons.  A good day junking!
 There were plenty to add to my stash for Etsy plus MANY to add to my personal accumulation.  Shoe buttons, carved MOP and those bone buttons that I have such an unnatural fascination with and another one of those walnut buttons.
 Lots and lots of glass and chinas, more than I usually find in one button lot.  Did you spot the extra special ones yet?
 Some fun plastics.  I always save those, even when they are contemporary.  When there are sets of plastics I usually just keep one for myself and the rest go into the Esty basket.  I haven't listed any in a while and need to get busy on that and share the button love!
 I keep the cards that are "special" to my eyes.  Those two buttons in between the Pacific buttons are vegetable ivory and have shading around the edges that is kind of different. As always, you can click the pictures bigger for a closer look.
If you didn't spot these yet, they were the score of the day.  EIGHT china calico buttons.  It is unusual to find just one in a poke sack and I was thrilled to find eight of them in three different patterns.  Life is good!

12 comments:

Annette said...

I picked out the special ones! I didn't know they were china calico buttons though, lol. Thanks for the eye candy tonight.

vintage grey said...

What a great bunch of pretty buttons!! I always love the ones on cards!! ;) xo Heather

Unknown said...

I have button envy :) xx

Anonymous said...

You always find the best!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Pretty buttons! I always like the ones on the cards, wishing you a lovely day! xo Holly

Maureen said...

You sure are a button expert! I have been learning so much from your button posts... congrats on the score - those china calicoes are lovely!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Fun!!! I love the little calico buttons especially the ones with the square pattern. Do I see a little bakelite animal?

Annette said...

I love seeing all your buttons and having you tell what they are. Since I know nothing about buttons I am having fun leaning from you and gaining a new appreciation for the many kinds of buttons.

Laurie said...

TWO poke sacks and all those china calicos?! You scored!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love buttons and you did find some special ones...Wow.

Carol

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Oh I love the buttons you found and so many special styles. You are on a roll with great finds. Wish I could go junkin with you. LOL
Have a great holiday weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

The Junque Seeker said...

Treasure! I've never found a china calico that I recall. I'll be on the lookout now. Glad your button mojo is on again!