Thursday, February 9, 2012

Update From The Rescue Vortex

Just a quick update from the vortex so you know I didn't electrocute myself with that vintage Bakelite lamp socket.  After I switched it out and ran to living room and told The Husband, "get ready, I'm going to plug it in" and, WooHoo, the lights didn't go out in Georgia or here in Portland Oregon, either!  Little wins.
Sorry I have been so absent this week.  I am still caught up in the vortex of this project, Etsy and the big girl job.  Still much work to be done, patina... the shade...  Just wait till you see what this bulb looks like when it is turned on.  I hope I can figure out how to take a picture of that.  Oh!  And I ordered a very cool vintage finaial for the top.
Until next time,  I'm back down the rabbit hole....

6 comments:

oldgreymare said...

Oh Alice the rabbit hole is no place to be.... :D
xx
z

Barbara said...

As someone slightly terrified of electrical projects, particularly vintage ones, I'm glad you're OK! And that all of Portland still has power!

Annette said...

You're braver than I am to play with electricity. I'm so glad everyone still has power and you didn't electrocute yourself!

My Vintage Mending said...

OOooo...this is good. Like a book you don't want to put down. I can't wait. Smiles...Renee

Laurie said...

I can tell you're having fun with this! I can't wait to see the end result!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh good!! I always test my old lamps and arm myself with safety goggles and gloves as I plug them in. Looking forward to the finished product.