Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Sneak Peek at My Birdsong Tags

I finished my tags for Karla Nathan's Birdsong Tag Book Swap today.  One of them will stay with me and the other seven will fly off to Kansas on Friday.  Karla will mix them up and assemble them into little books of seven tags each, plus a cover made by her.  There are over a hundred people participating.  Making eight tags took me some time so I can't imagine making over a hundred covers!
 
You might recognize the Golden Robin picture I used for the backside from this post.  Perfect for the Birdsong theme!  I had the vintage photo of the sweet little boy playing in the birdbath for a while now and wasn't sure how to use it because the birdbath was cut in half.  I think it was just waiting for the right project to come along and then it told me it was ready.
I sandwiched a piece of torn cotton fabric in between the two sides then machine stitched them together.  The soft fringe around the edges has a downy, organic look and feel.  I love stitching on paper!
As I'm typing this I realized I put my name and email on the back but forgot my blog address - Doh!  I will have to fix that before they fly off to Kansas.  I can't wait to see all the little works of art that fly back to me!

3 comments:

Annette said...

These are just so sweet and adorable! I think the fringe around the edges is the perfect touch. I've never sewed on paper before but my daughter has and she keeps trying to get me to do it. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes back to you!

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh they are headed to my state! Beautiful tags. I can always come here to see gorgeous art work from all of your family! Have a wonderful holiday weekend...smiles...Renee

Into Vintage said...

How fun! I've never participated in one of these so I'll be very curious to see all the exciting things you receive. I love stitching on paper as well -- greeting cards and Christmas tags for me.