Friday, April 1, 2011

And the Clouds Parted...

And the rain stopped and we ALMOST made 70 degrees for the first time this year! It felt like a miracle after the relentless March rain. I went outside in a SWEATER.
The daffodils lifted up their faces in relief. So did I. The up side is they are lasting a very long time since it has been like they are stored in a refrigerator.
The camellias have been struggling under the weight of the wet blooms. Today was a welcome reminder that the long, wet Winter and Spring do {eventually!} offer the reward of mild days and beautiful Spring flowers.

I hope there is some sunshine in your weekend!

2 comments:

Into Vintage said...

As a fellow Pacific NWester, it's difficult to express the joy that comes from being able to be outside in merely a sweater! No raincoat, hood, gloves, scarf, boots, fleece or puffy vest...and now I'd like to request two days in a row of this! :-)

My Vintage Mending said...

Just gorgeous. Not a bloom here. Maybe a daffodil here or there but that's it. We jump from 70 to 32 in a day it is such a tease. I am so glad to see you are enjoying the fruits of much rain. Enjoyed all your post this week! Smiles...Renee