Friday, August 20, 2010

Bi-cycle, Bi-cycle, I want to ride my Bi-Cycle....

Let me just say... Those are words I NEVER thought you would hear from me! But as they say, never say never!

My family has been pestering me about riding a bicycle forever. I did buy one about 6 or 7 years ago and I put on the brave face and I tried. I really did. There is just WAY too much stuff going on on those handlebars. Brakes, shifters, steering, dinging the bell, all with just two hands! Actually I liked dinging the bell except I was always too busy remembering which was the front brake and which was the back brake and had no time left for bell dinging. But the truth is I have absolutely no coordination. None. Can't dance, can't swim, can't do sports, even went to motorcycle school once and I crashed and broke their motorcycle and they didn't let me pass. Big sigh.
So last weekend the husband and a son were out cruising the bike shops and they spotted this. A friend of mine happened to be in the shop as well and they all decided this was just the bike for me. Uh huh.
My husband told me about it that night and I was intrigued. It is a three-speed automatic (!) and it has coaster brakes. COASTER brakes, just like when I was a kid! The only thing your hands have to do is steer and ding the bell. Oh. Ya.
So we went back the next day and I took it for a little spin and knew this was finally the bike for me! I got the basket right away and will be going back for the fenders as well.
I LOVE my new bicycle! Did I mention it's pale lavender? Watch for an update when I get the basket decorated!

No comments: