Saturday, November 14, 2009

Teesha-style


This is my first attempt at the style Teesha Moore demonstrated in her videos. I couldn't get the colors quite right in the scan. The background is more yellow on the real deal. It was a VERY fun afternoon of play! I think the thing I liked best is the freedom to use any image that appealed to me. Just for me play so no copyright worries and the world is my oyster! WooHoo!

I went to Columbia Art this morning and bought some new tools to try on. I got two of those Sharpie Poster Paint pens that are being discontinued. These are neat pens, what are they thinking?? I also got two Jelly Rolls and the Uni-ball Signo that I was looking for when I was taking the photo-art journaling class. I also got one Prismacolor marker and two soft pastels in black and dark red. I was looking for the pan pastels Teesha used and what I bought is NOT a substitute. I tried rubbing an eyeshadow sponge on them and using them to shadow with but nowhere near the effect she was getting.

I had issues with EVERYTHING bleeding into the paper and each other way more than I expected. I don't know if that is because I painted the background with watercolors or what. I kept trying to fall back to my old Sharpies but they picked up the other pens and clogged so in the end I didn't get the crisp lines I was looking for. Learning, learning, learning.....

No comments: