Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The JOURNEY assignment - traveling shoes


Here are the next two pages from the PhotoArt Journaling class. I chose the technique where you blank out the background. I didn't have a china marker so I used gesso. The "subjects" in the pictures are outlined with charcoal pencil. I really like that look. The "GO NOW" is on masking tape because I hadn't tried that suggestion yet. That page came out a little busy but that's okay. It's all about trying things.
I also made a page in between the sailboat page and the staircase page. It doesn't have a photo at all so I won't post it for the class. When I was doing the assignment of searching for quotes I found too many and I liked this one so much I had to include it:
Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be... Close your eyes and let your spirit start to soar and you will live as you have never lived before. -- Erich Fromm
How beautiful is that?

1 comment:

Alayna Winter said...

Wow! Nice quote! It's very fitting for your new journey in art. :)