Monday, December 3, 2012

Time For One

 I had time for just one quick junking stop this weekend.  The VOA didn't fail me.  I didn't get a lot but what I got was good.  Two boxes of BIG pink ornaments.  They are 3-1/2" diameter.  The box on top is all Shiny Brite.  The box below is also filled with big pink ornaments but they are a mix of Shiny Brite, West Germany and one that just says Made In USA.  I love pink ornaments but these are a little big for my tree so they are already listed over in my Etsy.
 These three will be added to my tree this year.  One Shiny Brite, one Poland and one USA.
 Plus THIS pretty girl. A beautiful vintage dressing jacket. I love the lace detail and the pale blue ribbon on the front.  It has a tag that says By Iris so I don't think it is handmade but I do think it is vintage.  I love things like this.  It reminds of Magnolia Pearl or Free People. This will be headed to my Etsy, too.
Speaking of Etsy, if you are looking for Christmas gifts for those oh-so-hard-to-buy-for guys, The Husband has finished moving all of his roller-ball pens from his website to his Etsy shop.  The ones in this picture are not for sale, they are mine, but he has a huge selection of colors and styles to choose from.  He also makes pepper and salt grinders, bottle openers, game calls and a whole lot more.  It's not too late to Christmas shop!

8 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Those Shiny Brites are such a yummy shade of pink. Why do I love the box so much? I'm sure your beautiful lacy dressing jacket won't last long in your shop.
Your husband is a true craftsman...the pens are beautiful!

My Vintage Mending said...

I can't believe the shape those ornaments are in...fantastic and the pens are beautiful..smiles..Renee

vintage grey said...

Beautiful ornaments!! Isn't wonderful how they have survived after all these years! Love it! xo Heather

Andy's Attic said...

OK, now I know I really have to get to VOA. And the pens are just gorgeous!!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Great finds Kathy. Those pink ornaments are fabulous and in wonderful condition as are the boxes.

xo
Danielle

Into Vintage said...

You are so lucky to have found those pink shiny brites -- someone will snap those up.

And your husband's pieces are really wonderful. What beautiful craftsmanship and detail. I kind of love that you both have etsy shops.

Hoping to get to the Gresham thrift tomorrow...

Annette said...

I might need those beautiful pink ornaments!
I didn't know your husband had pens! I'm headed to his shop now!!!

Laurie said...

Lovely finds! I esp. love the stripey ornament for it's different shape. So cool that your husband is creative (and prolific!) like you.