Thursday, December 27, 2012

Junkalanche

 Oh yes, I found plenty of time for junking during my Christmas holiday.  A Junky Christmas?? These first pictures are a trip to The Bins early in the week.  I slid right into a junking coma and three hours slipped away before I even noticed.  I walked outside and discovered it had gotten dark - oops!
 Lots of embroidered cutters and a couple of books I picked up just for the wonderful covers.
 A big stack of nine vintage curtain panels in cream, yellow and gold.  That Search and Find in the background is unused and will be fun to play with the Granddaughter.
 A big star paper punch, hot iron transfers, Santa cupcake picks (for you, Ethel) and who doesn't need two miss-matched drum sticks?  Those white things with the crochet edges are hands-down the BEST jar openers I have run across.  They still had their original tags and I think someone must have made them for a craft bazaar.  Great idea (Heather)!
 A sweet plastic rosary and some nut picks.  The pretty multi-color doiley is in great condition and not a cutter.
 Beautiful old hankies, wooden beads, a vintage beater that twists up and down, a pile of single Barbie shoes (I wonder why?), someones advertising pencil collection, cookie cutters...  You just never know what those bins will yield.
 These pictures are from the VOA.  I have no idea where I'm going to put this hamper but for $8 it was coming home with me!
 A sweet German tin, a set of German vocabulary cards, a Treasure Hunt game from 1940 and a Fenton milkglass candlestick.
 I couldn't resist this birdie candle stand.  It isn't TOO Christmas-y so I might just keep this out for a while.  I go weak in the knees for the birdies.  I spotted a Red-Breasted Sap Sucker in my backyard the other day!
 I have had my eye out for a shorter tree-topper and love this little Santa.  I think he could use some sparkle but for now he is sitting on top of my tree as found.  Notice those rubber bands on the apothocary?  The VOA has stopped using tape.  You heard me right.  VOA - YOU ROCK!
I explored a couple antique shops I hadn't visited before and got a few goodies there, as well.  One shop had all their Christmas on half-price and I couldn't believe that Santa and sleigh were still there, like they were waiting for me to come get them!
There is still time to enter my final December Give-Away so don't miss out, just leave a comment on this post!

11 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

My oh my you certainly have the junkalanche. You have made up for me not going out at all. Santa cupcake picks? yah!

Jewels said...

I went thrifty today but only to Goodwill and not half as interesting a haul as you. Still it felt good to be going through stuff looking for treasures! Right now its vintage framed pictures of flowers (I'm hoping to cover a wall) and they have to be the old white frames..Wish I had access to a VOA and The Bins!

Annette said...

Oh my, just look at all of that wonderful stuff! Time flies when you're in your happy place!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'd be in a junkin' coma too. Wow, you sure did luck out with all these fab treasures. Ooh, think of all the goodies you can store in that hamper. Love the games and those curtain panels.

Andy's Attic said...

You really did well on all your junk!! I am amazed at the things you found. I am in the process (is it a process?) of trying not to junk for a while. I have a huge backlog and need to get it organized and ready to go out the door.

Unknown said...

You find the neatest stuff.

Maggie said...

wow, LOTSA goodies! I've been trying to stay away from The Bins lately, since I can barely walk into my piled-high studio. Do you go to the bins in Sellwood/Milwaukie? That's my hunting grounds when I'm on the prowl for treasures, and yes, I've been known to gasp when I look up at their big clock and realize several hours have gone by! Someday, maybe I'll run into you there and we can do a tug-of-war over old sewing stuff and priceless junque!!

Lesa said...

My favorite thrift store doesn't have a clock, on purpose I bet! I know I've certainly lost track of time there. You found fabulous goodies...congratulations!

Barbara said...

I laughed when I read you were junking until after sundown! Time flies when you're finding good stuff.

Blessed Serendipity said...

You are finding all the goodies in Portland girl! Love the decals and the Santa in the sleigh and that hamper is just too cute. You should use that in your studio for some cute storage. Good finds!

xo Danielle

Laurie said...

I loved seeing your haul! Hooray for rubber bands!