Thursday, December 6, 2012

Meet Mona

 Meet Mona!  She was a gift from my lovely MIL, Lisa.  (Get it?)
 I pulled out a few of my pretties and treasures so they could show each other off.  You might remember the beautiful blue garter from this post.  It looks every bit as pretty adorning Mona's neck.
 A soldered necklace I made several years ago paired with a mermaid I picked up at the thrift.
 This wonderful belt is from the 1950s and belonged to my mother.
I am not brave enough to wear vintage slips and bed jackets as artwear so I will live vicariously through Mona!
Don't forget about my weekly give-away.  There is still time to enter.  A winner will be announced and the next give-away will be posted this weekend.

8 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

She is beautiful...I am not brave enough to wear vintage clothing either. But Mona wears it well...smiles..Renee

Annette said...

Mona (I get it!) is beautiful all dressed up in vintage and thrift finery. I do love your mother's belt. It would be great with a steam punk inspired outfit.

Into Vintage said...

That the first photo with Mona dressed up and the peek of the satin boxes in the background is such a pretty picture.

Your m-i-l is an excellent gift-giver!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Mona is a beauty...her name is perfect! She sure knows how to dress and she looks happy in her new home.

Andy's Attic said...

I laughed out loud at the Mona and Lisa!! Charming!!

vintage grey said...

So beautiful!! I would wear one if it fit!! Have a great weekend! xo Heather

Laurie said...

Mona is VERY sweet but I am distracted by all those hankie boxes in the background...because I know they're full of supplies as well as because they are just gorgeous!

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love Mona and the way you dressed her. You are going to have fun with her. It's like playing with an extra large Barbie. ;)

xo
Danielle