Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Inspiration Sideways

It has been ages since I made a new altered book page and I was in need of some play time in the midst of my purge and catch-up so I gave myself a time-out.  You all know I collect quotes and I have a Pinterest board of "Good words".  My inspiration for this page was this post.  It is often hard to track back on Pinterest because of all the re-pinning and I didn't want to just steal someone else's words so I was thinking about how I could paraphrase.  I liked the ransom note style so I started digging through my box of words (yes, I have a box of words) to see what I could find.  These words jumped out and on to my page.  The inspiration piece said, "She woke up one day and decided to quit cleaning her house and decorate her soul instead.".  Inspiration gone sideways.  I'm not sure this page is finished because it seems like something is still missing but that's okay.  The play time filled the need!

6 comments:

rush said...

I am going through my stuff, too, and right in the middle, out of nowhere I HAD TO MAKE SOMETHING! And I did. Scads of greeting cards. I hadn't felt my creativity in over a year. While I'm getting rid of stuff, I came up with the idea that by getting rid of the things I don't use, I will be making room for the creativity that hasn't come a-callin' for a very long time. It might just work, because I have IDEAS, too. I'm putting my hands on everything I have, kind of like taking inventory. Last night, it was rubber stamps. Only got through half of them, but I will be continuing. You can see my journey, if you like, on my blog. The going-away pile gets bigger and bigger! It was inspired by Funky Junk Interior's Heap of Change challenge. http://rush8888.blogspot.com/

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

So creative of you and such an inspiration. Thanks for the permission to stop cleaning my house, lol. I'd much rather decorate my soul!

Annette said...

I knew I quit cleaning my house for a reason!!! I like the original quote but I love your paraphrase. I was wondering the other day if you had made any new pages.

Cindy Gay said...

Such Fun!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So cute Kathy! Love the inspirations!! The graphic at the bottom is great! :) Wishing you a Happy Easter weekend! xo Holly

Bohemian said...

OMG I LOVE that Quote and had to write it down for Future Inspiration! In fact, the condition my housekeeping is in right now I NEEDED those Words of Wisdom! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian