Friday, March 27, 2015

Staying the Course

I put myself in time-out on junking until I have the top of my workbench cleared off and a few things caught up as far as Etsy listing and Spring clean-up around the house.  I only allowed myself one junk stop last weekend and that was has only to drop off an armful of reference books I thought Nina could use.  I couldn't resist this one little card of scottie buttons while I was there.  The one in the upper right has a bail on the back so you can make a matching necklace.  How adorable!
Last weekend I made war on the dust bunnies in my bedroom, organized the imaginary booth stock in the attic and hauled off a donate load.  The load is feeling lighter already!  I usually do what I call the "great purge" in January but got a late start this year due to illness.  I plan to stay the course this weekend and hopefully get back to the regularly scheduled programming very soon.  No junking makes Kathy a dull girl.




11 comments:

Maggie said...

Possibly the cutest vintage buttons I've ever seen! How could Nina part with these cuties???

I keep sending positive thoughts over to Monticello on your behalf--hoping your booth won't be 'imaginary' for too much longer :-)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'm so glad you allowed yourself one little purchase; those buttons are adorable. I should have been cleaning and purging too, but the temptation was too much for me.

thechildishfits said...

I need to do some purging too. Right now the pile of junk has moved out of Kate's room (home for spring break) into the living room. Vowing to do a bit or organization before it heads back into her room.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

so strange..just left the above comment and my daughters friend was logged on my computer earlier....

Celestina Marie said...

I've been spring cleaning, purging and reorganizing too. I guess I'm making room for more junkin!!Love those buttons and how fun to have the pendant too.
Have fun and a great weekend.
Hugs, CM

Annette said...

Cute buttons! I would have let them follow me home too! I'm meeting my daughter tomorrow for a day of junking...I can't wait!

Laurie said...

I do the same thing, Kathy -- make myself stop shopping when I have a project or reorganization to get through! I feel your pain. Those doggie buttons have to help, though!!

Art and Sand said...

Good for you holding back on buying. It gives you the incentive to get organized.

Thank you for the adorable place cards. I need to organize a dinner party, but my hand isn't quite ready yet!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are adorable. Oh my....the talks we could have. I MAKE myself deal with whatever I buy when I get home and it's WORK! Soaking and washing fabric items, scrubbing knick knacks...it kinda takes the fun out of finding the junk...I mean treasures! Hugs!

CATHY said...

ummm doesn't time out mean NO junking? Laughing at this....I do the same thing in my mind - then ALWAYS find a reason not to stick to it!

Lawrence said...

OMG I found your blog, researching these buttons. I purchased one today and have a Scottie myself. Greeting from the UK x