Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Decor - Sort Of!

I always feel pretty lame about my lack of holiday decorating.  The only holiday I decorate for is Christmas because it is a challenge to find room around here for rotating collections.  Yesterday (talk about nick of time!) it dawned on me that I DO have a little collection of different holiday postcards.  Wa-La!  Easy to change, easy to store!
My kitchen hutch was waiting for it's turn for a good Spring dusting and re-arranging so the timing was perfect.  Now that I have this Strange Notion in my head, it is filled with ideas for decorating with some of my other vintage postcards.
 I wish I would have thought of it before Valentine's Day.  I don't have any Valentine's postcards (yet!) but I have oodles of vintage "couples" cards that would make a great garland.
I am thinking all the rose cards I have accumulated would be perfect for Mother's Day.  Does anybody decorate for Mother's Day??
I am really looking forward to searching out cards for other holidays.  I have Christmas and New Year's and Thanksgiving and some Saint Patrick's Day.  Surely there must be some for 4th of July.  I am late to the party but at least I showed up!
Wishing you all a Happy, Hoppy and Blessed Easter!

13 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Happy Easter Girlfriend!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a great idea for seasonal decorating, just change out your postcards for the occasion. Postcards and frogs...such a fun combination.
Happy Easter to you and your family!

Laurie said...

I've never decorated for Mother's Day but I think we all should! And have a blog party! I love your vintage postcards idea.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I don't even really decorate for Mom's day and as you know I DECORATE for all the holidays. Great postcard idea...easy to store too. Happy Easter

Art and Sand said...

I love all your vintage Easter cards.

Happy Easter

suziqu's thread works said...

You have so many beautiful cards and china to display and why not create one for Easter or, in fact, any celebration you can think of!
Happy Easter Kathy,
Suzy

suziqu's thread works said...

You have so many beautiful cards and china to display and why not create one for Easter or, in fact, any celebration you can think of!
Happy Easter Kathy,
Suzy

Annette said...

Fabulous idea Kathy! I used to go all out for Easter, but not any more. I just don't have the energy to pull it all out and put it all away.
You've given me an idea though. Seasonal post card garlands. I might need to go junking, hahaha!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I love to decorate with vintage postcards! Especially when I don't feel like really decorating! lol They're so perfect for putting into those metal floral frogs...and calling it done! Pretty easy to find, and easy to store!
I have a feeling we're going to see lots more vintage postcards from you! :)
Erica

Annette said...

Your post cards are so cute. And a great idea for easy décor. I only decorate for Christmas, too. I do have fun putting things in my guest bath for different seasons or holidays, though. Catching up on blogs as we were gone to Palm Springs for two weeks.

CATHY said...

I am late so I will wish you a happy spring : ) Good idea to put out the postcards as decoration - I will have to start doing this. I have so many and this is a great way to actually enjoy them.

CATHY said...

I am late so I will wish you a happy spring : ) Good idea to put out the postcards as decoration - I will have to start doing this. I have so many and this is a great way to actually enjoy them.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a great display and great idea for changing out the postcards! I just love those old postcards, so cute!! Hope you had a wonderful Easter! xo Holly