Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Poor Man's Silver

I had to buy a new washing machine last weekend.  So what does that have to do with hammered aluminum?  Well, I'll tell you.  I keep my collection of aluminum trays hanging from cup hooks above my washer and dryer.  I had to move them for the install so I figured I might as well dust them off and take a picture.
I limit my collection to ones that have some sort of handle so I can hang them up.  Every time I bring one home The Husband asks me if I have room for another one.  Well, I'm going to be put to the test now.  I couldn't get another front-loading washing machine that would fit in my space so I had to go back to an old-school top loader.  The door is going to smack in to the front row so some re-arranging is in order.

14 comments:

vintage grey said...

A beautiful collection!! xo Heather

The Junque Seeker said...

You have quite the collection! I have a few pieces but nothing to compare to yours. The center one with the bird is wonderful.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your collection and the ones with handles are always a great find. Have fun arranging over your new washer.
Happy Wednesday, CM

Art and Sand said...

I have never seen one of those before. They must look great all together on display.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Fun to get them all down thought and get a good cleaning on them and a photo. Good luck with the rearrange...it never goes like before. Enjoy that new washer too....

NanaDiana said...

You have a GREAT collection of that. I have a friend that has been collecting it since 1982~~~~!!!!!!! She has a huge collection, too. I think she has finally sorted hers out to just large platters/servers though. xo Diana

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a fun and pretty collection!! :) Happy sweet day! xo Holly

CATHY said...

"uh-oh"- time to get rid of them (wink wink) I am trying to downsize to get ready for the big move back to the states. It is not going well. So I am not one ot give you advice : ) The collection is lovely!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow, what a nice collection you have! I love aluminum! I'm sure you'll figure out some clever way to rearrange them.

Annette said...

I love this collection. I hope you're able to make them all fit. Sorry you couldn't get another front loader. I love mine!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy,

I love hammered aluminum, it was a great seller in my booth

Carol

Annette said...

Love this collection. I have a soft spot for hammered aluminum but don't collect it myself.
(there is always the ceiling to hang from)

Laurie said...

I'm always attracted to hammered aluminum with handles, too! I think I am down to just one...

rush said...

Although sterling pieces are nice, aluminum are much more interesting. They are more unexpected. The designs are varied, too, with many different motifs showing up more often than with silver. I have an aluminum cake saver with Oak leaves, and the knob at the top is a wood acorn. It was my mom's and is probably going on 60 years old. I love your collection.