Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Junk Wagon

{BOOM} I fell off.  I mean, seriously, how long could I go without a junking fix...!  I lasted 10 days so that's something plus I slowed the roll.
This rose covered box and the stork are staying with me.  The stork made me think of Magpie Ethel and her love affair with them.  When you shake him he rattles.  I cannot imagine anyone would put this thing in a baby's hands! NO, this is not the start of a collection.  Pinkie swear.
Flowered linens, Shiny Brites and rose postcards.  The dish is an old Desert Ware restaurant  saucer from 1948.  I rarely find restaurant ware. The green box in the back is Dream House.  It is similar to the glove and hankie boxes I collect but it is a sewing box with a built-in pincushion and a drawer.
This is my fifth whisk boom and the first round one I have found.  An accidental collection. The brown jars are vintage Tupperware spice shakers.
This doll was a Bins find.  He is a Whimsy Doll called Freddie the Friar from 1960.  He got a much-needed bath when I got him home.  All the research I did on line refers to these as Whimsy but he is actually marked Wimsies.  A little girl walked past me me at The Bins and did the {{eeek}} and said that's sure a creepy baby - LOL.
Speaking of encounters at The Bin, I hope I don't offend anyone, but I saw Jesus at The Bins this week.  And he was strolling through with a live parrot on his shoulder and he was talking to it.  I told you, The Bins is not for the faint of heart.

12 comments:

rush said...

I love the round whisk broom! Have you ever heard this saying: Jesus saves...by using coupons and shopping wisely.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, I just about laughed myself out of my chair when you said you saw jesus talking to a live parrot at the bins. I swear that place attracts all the major weirdos. There should be a website devoted to weird people and things found at the bins.

Also - great little set of finds here!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'd say it was worth it to encounter a few weirdos now and then. Oh, the things we put up with in the name of a good junking haul. Love those linens and I think you need a stork collection:-)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Haha you did good for waiting your 10 days! Lol. Looks like a great load of things! The floral box is so pretty and I do like the stork too! Maybe just for decoration in a baby's room?? lol And maybe you could start a small collection!! ;) xo Holly

Marrianna said...

This is a great and fun post. Thank you for sharing your Jesus sighting. It happens to the best of us.

Marrianna

Annette said...

Such a fun mix of finds!! Love that table cloth and the whisk broom. Love your jesus comment...

Annette said...

I think your doll should be called Freaky Freddie the Friar! The ornaments and linens sure got my attention. Just think, if you put off junking just one more day, you would have missed Jesus!

CATHY said...

That girl said exactly what I was thinking : )
You are like me... you can only go so long... but like I tell the hubby - at least I don't like real jewelry or real purses! and I would have loved to have seen a photo of your sighting : )

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sounds interesting and I would want you there with me! haha! I took a donation to the thrift store today and then shopped! lol It was fun...wish you were here. Hugs, Diane

Shara said...

We don't have any bins here, but I am dying to go to one. I hear it is a digger, fighting, filthy hot place. It sounds lovely. That doll is great and so is everything else.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have missed a couple posts and all of your fabulous finds.....Girlfriend you need a booth!

Carol

DD's Cottage said...

Goodness me-whattreasures you found!