Sunday, March 18, 2012

Learning Curve Ahead

I think this is the third year I have posted a photo of this same clump of daffodils.  I guess that is proof positive that Spring does "spring" eternal.
So what makes this picture different from the rest?  Well, I finally bit the bullet yesterday and stepped up to an SLR camera.  I got so frustrated trying to take close-up shots for my Etsy with my little Nikon Colorpix that I decided it was time to take on the challenge of getting a camera where YOU HAVE TO KNOW STUFF.  Yikes!  I got a Sony A55.  This picture is what came out when I just pointed it and pushed the button.  Oh my goodness, I have a lot to learn.

8 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I stepped up to a big girl camera this year with a Canon. I am still trying to figure it all out. Takes wayyyyy better pictures, but know I need to learn another thing! (p.s. thank goodness for a teen daughter to help)

Blessed Serendipity said...

I still haven't read all the books that came with my camera. It's better for me to just experiment. Have fun with your new toy.

xo,
Danielle

Annette said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you! There IS a lot to learn and it can be equally fun and frustrating as you go along. Look how crisp and clear your picture turned out...just beautiful!
Have lots of fun playing!

Barbara said...

My daughter has a fabulous camera that she says I can use any time - I find it slightly terrifying.

oldgreymare said...

I know you will learn...You just will. :D
xx
z

My Vintage Mending said...

It is a huge learning curve. Take lots of time and pictures. Have fun and enjoy it. Looks good from here...smiles...Renee

Into Vintage said...

Gah. I am still pointing & shooting on my little Coolpix. I constantly ask it to do things it just wasn't meant to do but the thought of learning how to use a big girl camera where you have to know stuff (!!) ... well ... I'll wait for your report before jumping in. Congrats to you for taking this on!

Laurie said...

You are so brave! I am still using my auto setting...