Monday, October 17, 2011

Three More SugarCushions, Ruffles and Not Quite A Collection

 I am happy to say I finished up three more SugarCushions over the weekend.  I am happy because I am down to just two more and I'm getting tired of making them.  They are fun but I'm ready to move on to some more of those ideas swirling around inside my head.  Racing to the next thing - LOL!
 The new SugarCushions are sitting amongst the weekend loot.  We had several things going on this weekend so not much time for picking.  We did run over to The Bins.  I have never seen the parking lot so full.  They were apparently having some unknown to me toy event.  It was almost all toys, something I am rarely interested in.  I didn't want to waste the trip so I stocked up on ruffled curtains since I am planning to cover the lampshades for those rose lamps with fluffy ruffles.
I picked up the tray in the back at the Salvation Army store. It appears to made of some sort of paper mache material and I can't find any markings on it.  I love the design!
I already had this black tray which is slightly larger and made of a similar material.  Well, that's two, so not quite a collection, at least not yet!  This one is marked "Alcohol Proof Japan Hand Painted".  If anyone knows something about these trays, please share and educate me!

5 comments:

Annette said...

I know that feeling of wanting to get on to the next project. I'm glad I'm not the only one. The sugarcushions are turning out so pretty! I don't know anything about the trays but I love the red one. I usually see black or dark green, so a light colored one really stands out.

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Like the sugarcushions! Just bought a ton of buttons - gotta get off here while I still have some $ left. Enough visiting for tonite! Love, Linda

Diane said...

Never get enough of these sugar cushions--This is the only place I've seen them--so unique!

Into Vintage said...

I believe those trays are papier mache and from the 40's-ish. I sell them in my etsy shop pretty frequently and even had one on the FP this morning (woo!). I have no idea about the 'alcohol proof' part but would love to know what it means.

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

I love the pink SugarCushion! and the fact that you call them SugarCushions! So cute.