Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall In Love With Buttons Swap

 Button Floozies sponsored a button swap called Fall In Love With Buttons and my package arrived from the UK today.  The instruction was to alter an Altoid tin and fill it with autumn-themed buttons.  My swap partner is Apryl at Meridian Ariel.  She has an Etsy shop of the same name. She included a sweet handmade strawberry and an Alice In Wonderland-themed pin back.  I love the way she pins them on a playing card - what a great idea!
 The natural patina on the mint tin she used was perfect just the it was and I am so glad she left it that way.  Love!  She filled it with buttons in reds, browns, gold and orange tied it shut with coordinating teal rick-rack trim.  Those two red ones at the bottom of the picture are hands-down my favorites.

I showed you the tin that I altered and sent to her in this post.  Here is a better look at the buttons I put inside:

I will be linking up with the other swap participants in the Button Floozies Linky Party so be sure to hop on over and see the rest of the fun!

6 comments:

Annette said...

What a fun package! And you're right about the tin being perfect! I wish I could have joined, but I knew I wouldn't have had time. Heavy sigh!

CATHY said...

Oh buttons! So fun that yours came from the UK. I love swaps.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Cool tin and doubly cool buttons. Fun swap!

Laurie said...

Oh SWOON! I'm so glad you had such a great swap! That tin you received is WONDERFUL!

WW said...

I love that green gem button, so beautiful.

Ann said...

The tin you received is really cool. And, the buttons you sent are gorgeous. Great swap.