Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Rosy Sunday At The VOA

I debated whether to show my treasures from last Sunday since I only got four items but these lamps are just too pretty to not show them off.  I seriously don't need them but they were still sitting there waiting for me a week later so I decided it was destiny.  That's as good an excuse as any - hehe!  I just LOVE the roses on the front so it looks like I am going to be learning how to re-wire lamps.  I have heard it isn't as scary as it sounds.
Since there were only four things I didn't take time to clear off the table full of SugarCushion makings so I apologize for the cluttered picture!
I also got the tattered tin and the "book" it is setting on.  It is actually a wooden box with an embossed leatherette binding and lined with vintage paper.  I have no idea what the original purpose was but I knew it had to come home, too.  Sort of looks like a "rosy" day, doesn't it!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Ooh, the lamps are so pretty and yes, rosy! And I love, love, love the tin! You might have only got 4 things but they're awesome!

Diane said...

I just love this photo--it looks like a store display--great finds!
I wanted to answer your question about Work of Art. It's on the Bravo channel. It started last night, but I'm sure they'll replay it a LOT during the week.
It's your basic reality comptetion show (one person is eliminated every week) But they're all artists, and they have to do a challenge each week. I LOVE this show!!

oldgreymare said...

...so YOU are where I caught the flu? Achoo! Cough cough cough. At least you are up and about. I am still in sludge mode.... sigh

Cute t-pot cushions. :D
xx
z

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

I am afraid to read the blog - will I get the flu too : )

Fun finds - and your pin cushions are so cute. Makes me think I need to buy a few sugar bowls to make them too.....right! I am cleaning for the move...no more flea markets...well just one more this weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Love the lamps. You always find the best treasures.
Thanks for stopping by my "amazing" blog post. We love the trips where we discover the unexpected.
Have a great weekend.
Michele

Laurie said...

Good rosy stuff!