Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Rosy Sunday At The VOA

I debated whether to show my treasures from last Sunday since I only got four items but these lamps are just too pretty to not show them off.  I seriously don't need them but they were still sitting there waiting for me a week later so I decided it was destiny.  That's as good an excuse as any - hehe!  I just LOVE the roses on the front so it looks like I am going to be learning how to re-wire lamps.  I have heard it isn't as scary as it sounds.
Since there were only four things I didn't take time to clear off the table full of SugarCushion makings so I apologize for the cluttered picture!
I also got the tattered tin and the "book" it is setting on.  It is actually a wooden box with an embossed leatherette binding and lined with vintage paper.  I have no idea what the original purpose was but I knew it had to come home, too.  Sort of looks like a "rosy" day, doesn't it!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Ooh, the lamps are so pretty and yes, rosy! And I love, love, love the tin! You might have only got 4 things but they're awesome!

Diane said...

I just love this photo--it looks like a store display--great finds!
I wanted to answer your question about Work of Art. It's on the Bravo channel. It started last night, but I'm sure they'll replay it a LOT during the week.
It's your basic reality comptetion show (one person is eliminated every week) But they're all artists, and they have to do a challenge each week. I LOVE this show!!

oldgreymare said...

...so YOU are where I caught the flu? Achoo! Cough cough cough. At least you are up and about. I am still in sludge mode.... sigh

Cute t-pot cushions. :D
xx
z

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

I am afraid to read the blog - will I get the flu too : )

Fun finds - and your pin cushions are so cute. Makes me think I need to buy a few sugar bowls to make them too.....right! I am cleaning for the move...no more flea markets...well just one more this weekend!!!

Nook & Cranny said...

Love the lamps. You always find the best treasures.
Thanks for stopping by my "amazing" blog post. We love the trips where we discover the unexpected.
Have a great weekend.
Michele

Laurie said...

Good rosy stuff!