Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Dainty Little Collection From A Gentler Time

 I adore these sweet little lingerie bags.  These were used to protect your "dainties" like silk stockings and panties from snags.  A long way from the way most of us probably store our pantyhose today - if we wear them at all!  Maybe we would do better if we still had bags like these.
 Each little bag is as silky and delicate as the items it was designed to protect.  Vintage femininity.
 Three have ribbon closures, one closes with a button and the pink one with the diagonal lace just folds
 The last pictures shows them opened up to reveal the little pockets.  The pink one with no closure has just one larger pocket so it might have been intended for something larger like a slip or cami.
I am linking up for Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home today.  I haven't had time in weeks and this little collection is perfect for a romantic home!

6 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Wow a collection I don't have! Pretty nifty.

Annette said...

These are so pretty and so feminine. I am going to have to keep an eye out for lingerie bags now. It looks like a girly thing I need to have around even if I never use it!

Diane said...

You always bring back things that I completely forgot about it. YES!! I remember these--a different world back then :)
What a great item to collect too!

Myric said...

Those bags are so cute and feminine!

Thanks for the visit. It is so nice to meet you :)

Blessings
Myric

Tracy said...

Your little bags are so pretty, I agree it would be so much nicer if we still used things like this today.

Chris said...

Hi Kathy, those bags are so feminine and so pretty. I found and am now following you through Show And Tell Friday, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris