Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Didn't Get Skunked THIS Weekend!

Not a stunning score but apparently I am finally feeling a little better since I was able to make a decision and didn't get skunked this Sunday.  Knock on wood -  I finally feel like I am turning a corner this afternoon so I don't want to tempt fate!
The Budweiser Christmas stein is 1991.  The husband has a collection so I always keep an eye out for ones he doesn't have yet. 
The Lucite grape cluster is for me.  I already have a blue and green one that was my Mom's and now this all blue one.  We know where THAT'S heading - hehe!
I hit two thrift stores for this little bit but really didn't mind since I spent yesterday afternoon buying a new car so didn't mind having an excuse to drive around.  I have been eyeing a Scion xB for a couple of years now and driving the 2000 Cavalier I inherited from my mother in 2002.  I bought a 2012 xB in the color called Army Rock.  It is a sweet dirt color and I'm thinking of naming it "Spud".   I LOVE it!  Well, except I have no clue how long it might take me to figure out how the stereo and bluetooth work.  Seriously.  They say the xB is targeted to the 18 - 24 year old market.  They have the advantage that they can actually REMEMBER the 15 steps it takes to find, adjust and save a setting.   My little book is filled with sticky note markers and I still can't find the base and treble or answer the phone.  I'd got the window wipers figured out, though, so that's something!

7 comments:

Annette said...

Well you must be feeling better if you're adding to the grapes you're not collecting!! Congrats on the new car. I hope you're able to figure everything out. I would need help, I'm sure!

Diane said...

Congratulations on your new car and good luck with trying to play with it--it takes me FOR-ever to figure these things out.
I wanted to answer your question about the adhering the cardstock to the canvas. I just brush a heavy amount on the back of the image with regular gel medium and then when I put it on the canvas, I take an old credit card and keep squeeging (not sure if that's a word) it--you know like wallpaper a wall. I keep doing that until no more gel oozes out--or you can use heavy gel medium--that works good too. Hope this helps.

My Vintage Mending said...

Isn't it the truth. I just ordered a new car and I am on the long wait for the arrival. I figure I rarely get cars and I might as well get what I like to my specifications. Seems they put so many buttons on these things I will never be able to get it but put my boys in there and they will get it no problem. Love your finds and that darling book I missed last post. WOnderful finds...Enjoy your great new car...it suits you perfectly. Spud.....Renee

Into Vintage said...

Congrats on the new wheels -- hope there's lots of cargo space! :-) I'd probably have a dashboard covered with post-it notes as well.

Linda Carole Bloom said...

When I got my new car I didn't drive it at night for awhile and one night I got in and it was dark and I didn't know how to turn on the lights! I did have the windshield wipers going for awhile. Congrats! Love, Linda

oldgreymare said...

NEW car WOOT! Gotta love that new car aroma..
xx
z

Laurie said...

Okay, I'm piping in late but I just wanted to say "Congrats" on the new car!