Friday, August 12, 2011

Quote Book - New Pages

 This week was kind of a wild ride.  Monday turned out to be the day I had to made "the decision" about my little cat, Lily.  We are slowly getting used to the empty spot she used to fill.
On a happier note, Wednesday was a red letter day for out family with the DIL finding a job she is very excited about and the SIL got a promotion that means full-time work for her.  Up and down we go on the little roller-coaster of life!
I took time out last night to just relax and I finished the altered book page on the left and added the one on the right.  You can click it bigger to read the quote.
I have been trying to remember to post this.  These rotary blades were in one of those poke sacks I'm always buying and I don't have the tool they fit.  The brand is J&P and they are brand new.  If you have a tool they fit just email me your address and I will drop them in the mail.
Tomorrow we are having the granddaughter for the day and the weather forecast is perfect so we are looking forward to bike riding, playing in the hot tub and going out for lunch - yay!  Hmm.  I guess the quote pages might be appropriate to the occasion.  8+)

6 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Very well written. Two year olds should never be left alone...beautiful work. Smiles...Renee

Annette said...

These are fabulous pages! The 2 year old quote is so true and the other one is so important! So glad you have something to celebrate this week. My daughter got a job this week too. I have mixed feelings about it!

oldgreymare said...

I'm sorry to hear about Lily. Amazing how much space in our hearts our pets occupy.

Enjoy the weekend.
xx
z

Diane said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lily--having just gone through this less than a couple of months ago--it doesn't matter what our pet is--it's always a part of the family.
And the quote on this very wonderful altered page is one of the best...and the other one (of the 2 year old), yes..so true.

fairyrocks said...

Kathy, Thank you so much for the gorgeous tag
(birdsong tag swap just arrived)
I am wild about the tag, especially the clever child at the fountain on the eggs.
Keep smiling and creating

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great quote...I am all for kids thinking for themselves. Love the blog layout with the flower buttons!