Sunday, August 7, 2011

A New Love - Vintage Wrapping Paper

I did quit a bit of vintage shopping this weekend and made a rather large and wacky purchase that I will share in a future post.  For today I will show you my new love - vintage wrapping paper.
 How have I not noticed this before, I ask you??  I found this big bundle of wrapping paper for a little money at the VofA this morning.  It caught my eye because of some more modern rose-patterned paper but look what I found when I got home and opened it up!
 Toy soldiers and duckies and lambs and piggies and elephants and a jack in the box - OH. MY!
Beautiful brides. 
 Wedding bells ringing out promises of a rosy future!
 Love birds.
Sweet bouncing babies.
I love these graphics and the colors.  Vintage wrapping paper is on the "look for" list from this day forward!  I am planning to hook up with a new blog I stumbled on the other day.  It is called Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl and I will add the link as soon as she has the post up.
Stay tuned for the wacky purchase of the weekend.  I think I lost my mind.  We'll see what all of you think - LOL!

7 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Welcome to the vintage wrapping paper club...I get it whenever I can and have a huge stash of it. What is this wacky purchase??? All sorts of thoughts are rolling about in my head....

The Junque Seeker said...

These are wonderful! I just bought a box of vintage wrapping paper, too, but I think I like yours better! Very fun.

Diane said...

Oh no--another kind of paper for me to collect--(I LOVE paper) But how can you pass these up--especially the vintage style!!
(can't wait to see your crazy purchase :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh man I love this paper too. Seems the graphics were just so yummy back then...enjoy...Renee

Into Vintage said...

I too am a member of this club ... :-) Now bring on the wacky!

Annette said...

That is some awesome paper! In my thrifting and antiquing I don't remember seeing wrapping paper but then I guess I wasn't looking for it either! I am really curious about the wacky purchase!! :)

Unknown said...

Just love the vintage wrapping paper. I don't know what it is, I would prefer this wrapping paper any day. Great find.