Monday, January 24, 2011

Around Here

It's been busy around here. I have been working on a little book for another Somerset Studio submission. In typical fashion I didn't get my mojo muse going until the deadline was looming. That means pages and papers and text and glue have been flying every which-away.
I worked a little different that I normally do this time. I usually go through my stash and choose the things I want to use and put the rest away. I have read some blogs lately where they posted about their messy work tables so this time I started pulling out anything and everything I thought I MIGHT use and piling it all on the table. I am searching for the way to make my work less stiff and more random. Naturally, I didn't end up using everything I pulled out but it was inspiring to glance around and audition different bits and pieces. Let me just say there will definitely be more messes in this art room!
This was the little book as of Saturday. I have since added more pages and started assembling it. It is a travel journal for their "Classics" call. I don't know if they consider The Swiss Family Robinson classic literature but I do. If I can squeeze in the time before I have to put it in the mail I will snap a picture of the finished book.
On a related note, on Friday I received back the piece they used in the January issue. I haven't even unwrapped it yet but I will post a picture of that as well, for those of you who don't follow the magazine. I showed part of it in this post but I wasn't sure if it was okay to publish it before it was submitted. After re-reading their guidelines I think it is okay when it is on your own blog.
One more P.S. I blogged about some vintage magazine in this post and I finally got around to putting them over in my Etsy store tonight. Gotta love those vintage advertisements!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I saw your Poppy piece in Somerset--beautiful! I love that magazine--I think this issue is wonderful.

Into Vintage said...

I follow pretty much the same process when making something except with fabric instead of pages and papers. The end result looks the same though, everything everywhere. :-) I've given up trying to change this as I've learned that putting each little thing away as I use it distracts me from my project. Creative clutter works for me!