Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lucky Raccoon

We are having a miserable and windy cold snap for the past 5 days here in Portland. The howling wind sets my nerves on edge and makes me a cranky girl. The wind finally stopped sometime during the night and I woke up to cold and dry, slightly overcast and STILL. A perfect winter day in my book!

I ventured out to check on the fish pond. I was not surprised to find it frozen over but I wasn't expecting to see raccoon tracks straight across the ice! Lucky for him and I both that he didn't break through since I SO would NOT like to fish his frozen self out from under the ice.

Look closely on the right side of the photo and you can see the path. My pond looks pretty desolate this time of year and that woman who lives here sure needs to rake up some leaves and dead foliage but BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!