Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Milestone and A Reveal

The milestone - BLOG POST #100!
When I started blogging a little more than a year ago I wasn't sure blogging would be something I would like to do and I certainly wasn't sure I would be able to stick with it. I can say now that blogging and reading blogs has become a integral part of my life.
When I began I was determined that my blog would be a place to share the things I love to do; making things, junking, gardening, and NOT a place to grumble and lament. The consequence was the blogging gave back to me by making me more aware and appreciative of the time I spend doing things that bring me joy. Slow down. Look for the goodness. Look for the good things that happened today. Really.

And now the reveal........
This is what I have been totally engrossed in for the past three weeks. I got this strange notion that I could make clothing buttons from my accumulation of vintage cabinet cards. A strange notion indeed! It turned out to be much harder than I anticipated. LOL - that's my M.O. I ended up spending the better part of three weeks problem solving. I'm calling these proto-types but in reality, MANY versions came before these.
They are actually a dome shape but they look really flat in this picture so I still have that one last thing to noodle through but I'm hoping I can list them in my Etsy store sometime this week. BTW... that woman in the upper right corner is my great grandmother - isn't she a cutie!!!

No comments: