Friday, November 6, 2009

Latest pages for the online class

This post is a little bit long because I'm going to try and catch up on the work I have been doing to finish up the photoart journaling class.
There was an assignment to photograph your hands and another one to "juxtapose" two images so I combined them and got this. I also watched LK's video where she suggested using black masking tape. Where the heck do you find THAT?? I actually kind of like the look of the blue tape with the black and white so there you go!
This is the assignment about "over journaling" where you use big, loopy handwriting over the top of the image. This picture was taken on our campout last spring. We were trying to make a totem pole - LOL! The picture came out a little blurry when I printed it so I thought it would be a good choice for the assignment.

This is the assignment where you glue tissue paper over the photo and re-color it with colored pencil. Well, I didn't. My printer was giving me grief because I was running out of color ink. The picture printed wacky so I just used the colored pencil directly on the photo. I want to get some of those "fancy like real artists use" colored pencils instead of my crummy Crayola version and play around some more with this technique. It's pretty fun but those are some mighty rosy cheeks!
Two more pages to fill....


No comments: