Sunday, September 13, 2009

Green shoes


I made my weekly pilgrimage to The Volunteers of America this morning and barely walked through the door when I spotted these awesome GREEN SHOES! How cool are these. Aeorsoles in my size, never worn and only $3.99. OMG some days you just get lucky. I also scored a wooden ruler with some neat thing on the back for measuring angles but it looks like a sunrise to me and an almost full box of 100 sheets of 24lb #100 cotton paper in ivory color, for my printer. This will be perfect for my family tree books. PLUS I found a sparky butterfly pin. Life is good.

2 comments:

future mantra said...

Nice post. It is always good to see people expressing themselves in different ways.

Since you seem to be associated with Management, I would like to suggest you a new magazine - PEOPLE MATTERS started by an ISB Alumni, which was suggested to me by a friend and which I have found very useful.

It deals with various important aspects of management, especially those related to Leadership & People Management.

It's also relatively cheap. I guess its annual subscription is about Rs. 400 (US$ 8 approx) which is even less than the cost of a standard Pizza.

Their last issue had an enlightening article by Robert Kaplan (the co-founder of Balanced Scorecard method, if you remember) where he talks about how organisations can create opportunities out of current economic downturn.

I got its subscription online through their website: http://www.peoplematters.in

If you like the magazine, kindly refer it to your friends or colleagues in the organization you work. They may be interested in subscribing to it.

Thanks

SmurfyGirl said...

Yay for green shoes!! :) And the butterfly pin is nice too. :)