Thursday, June 5, 2014

More Recent Junk

 I did score a few more treasures during my 3-day weekend so time to share before it is weekend again.  All of this is from a Monday trip to the VOA.  I have always wanted a birdcage but it will NOT be holding real birdies since I have plenty of the other kind.  I am searching a spot in the art room to enjoy it. The ashtray will be added to my Forest Green collection.  The jewelry box has a music box that still works and plays "Always".  The globe light will get a make-over for the garden.
 I was delighted to find these two photo albums and they will be headed to Etsy.
 They are made in Chechoslovakia and the images are of Prague.  I don't know if they are vintage or not but they have that look.
The Peonies are in full bloom now and it has been dry so the rain hasn't knocked them over.  I only cut the ones that tip over from the weight and rest their heads on the lawn.  I enjoy them outdoors, on the patio, due to the bugs that so dearly love them.  Why would they not!

14 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Your bouquet is amazing with your garden in the background! And I'm smitten over that birdcage! I have always wanted one for plants! Happy weekend to you! Nicole xo

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I'm very interested in what you're going to do to that globe for the garden! Hope you share!
Love the peonies too!
Erica :)

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I am braver than you and bring in my peonies all the time. I just give them a shake and bring them in. I still get an ant here and there, but just give them a squash. Good luck if you are venturing out this weekend.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your peonies are gorgeous! I am sure that you will find a use for that birdcage in your studio. I love it! I am curious to what you will be doing with the light globe.

xo Danielle

Art and Sand said...

I almost bought peonies for my dinner party because they are gorgeous, but they didn't fit with my color scheme.

I am in love with your birdcage.

Maureen said...

LOVE the birdcage Kathy! It will be a great addition to your studio.

Speaking of which, the next Where Bloggers Create date has been announced! Hope you will be joining in again this year!!! Can't wait - it's July 12th!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, you sure found some great treasures. Love the birdhouse. I collect those old wire styles.
Yours will be a great accent in your studio.
Lovely pink peonies. I am trying to grow them here with no luck.

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Peonies are one of my favorites, yours are gorgeous!! I'm wishing I would have planted some earlier in the spring! :) Love your new bird cage, can't wait to see some birds in there!! :) Have a wonderful weekend! xo Holly

Into Vintage said...

Love those photo albums! And the peonies -- they are one of my favorite flowers and I recall having them in the garden when I was growing up. Sadly, I've never been able to grow them myself for some reason but Trader Joes helps me out with that.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Aren't peonies beautiful showy flowers! Love this pretty shade of pink. And the little albums are very cute. I went to the Hospice thrift store this morning and found a 'couple' of things! lol Hugs!

Annette said...

You find the best things at that VOA. I think because you go so often!! Love the bird cage!! The peonies look great on the outside. I may try that since my I don't want ants in my house either.

vintage grey said...

Wonderful finds!! And, your peonies are gorgeous!! Wow, they are one of my favorites!! Happy weekend! xo Heather

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

How did I miss these goodies? Love that photo album, it sure looks vintage to me. Your Peonies are stunning.

Annette said...

Your peonies are just gorgeous! I planted them at my last house and sure do miss them now.
I just love the birdcage. I'm on the lookout for one for Erin.