Thursday, June 12, 2014

Junky Weekend v.3.0

 The last, or maybe the MOST, of the junk from last weekend.  Since it was a full-on digger sale I couldn't resist going back on Sunday to see what else had been uncovered.  I did pretty good on resisting the linens but did grab a few tiny doilies, that piece of fabric in the back of the photo and the blue runner under the bucket. The jewelry box had been used as a sewing box and had a few buttons and pins inside.  As a woman who keeps her pins in a jewelry box, how could I leave that behind!
 My very first EVER McCoy planter.  I found it buried in a box under a workbench.  The little flower frog was laying in the bottom so, of course, it had to come home to be added to my collection.
 No less that 10 poke sacks, all spilled out on the table in my art room.  Only one zip-lock baggie full went back in the donate pile.  Lots of buried treasures.
 Yes, I dug out another bonsai pot.  Another gal at the sale told me the chartreuse planter is also McCoy, even though it is just marked USA and not under the glaze.  For 50 cents I tossed it in my box but not so sure about it.  The cute car planter has a paper "Swank" sticker on the bottom.
 A neat old cooking pot filled with even more ribbon and trims.
Loads of crafting stuff and yes, Laurie, that Scotch tape tin is in your bag!
It was a stellar weekend in junk land because I LOVE the hunt!

16 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

You scored friend! That planter is awesome! And holy cow I can only imagine what you can create with all of those wonderful bits! My heaven as well! Happy weekend to you! Nicole xo

Art and Sand said...

You really know how to dig!

Now I have to see how you use everything.

The Junque Seeker said...

Such riches! Glad you had a stellar weekend!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Man that looked like a good digger. That is my all time favorite kind of sale as you never know what you will uncover...McCoy...lucky! Glad that scotch tape container is in my bag...noticed it right off the bat. Digger, digger, digger......

Maureen said...

Gosh, that sounds like the perfect Sunday to me - digging out your very own treasure trove! Love that flower frog - I have a few with the spikes, but not one like that. Very cool indeed.

I have never, ever been to an Estate Sale. Guess they just are not as popular up here (or more likely, I just don't know where to look for them!) ;)

Have a great weekend Kathy!

Celestina Marie said...

WOW Kathy, you hit it big this hunt. What wonderful finds. Love the aqua McCoy. The color is so now and I am sure that one is from the 50's when aqua and pink were all the rage. Time and decor sure comes back around.
Sweet little flower frog.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love those kind of sales!!! We always find stuff that no one else sees, so many little goodies and your last post had some really great buttons! Tell Laurie I want the tape tin lol!

I wish you could have been at the Flea too, I would love to meet you!

Carol

Into Vintage said...

I love a digger sale as well -- amazed by all of your finds, especially in those plastic bags. Are those bumble bees?

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh wow! You got a load of wonderful things!! Love those tiny bees, so very cute!! :) xo Holly

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Holy poke sack, you sure know how to dig! I clicked on each photo so I could see every little piece. Did you leave anything for the next person?

Blessed Serendipity said...

Look at all that crafting goodness! I say you got quite a lot. I went to an estate sale today and didn't find a thing.

xo Danielle

Annette said...

Oh, you found so many great treasures! That turquois McCoy is just great!! I guess it was well worth going back to dig!!

vintage grey said...

Lots of goodies you found!! I have a similar Colman's mustard. Love all the crafting goodies!! Yay, for goof junk! ;) xo Heather

Annette said...

The color of that planter is just awesome! I'm glad is was such a stellar weekend for you. And it's the weekend again!!

CATHY said...

a good day indeed! and you displayed them to nicely for the photo! Many of the mccoys did just have usa on them..so that woman might be right. hope so.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Some great finds. I love little cedar boxes...looks like one in this bunch! Have fun!