Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Junky Weekend V.2.0

 This was my second estate sale on Saturday.  Not a big pile but some fun finds just the same.  The dishes in the back are Danish and cleaned up quite nice.  The leather travel journal is about a trip to Europe in 1961. I have never found baby shoes so BIG.  I think these must have been worn by a 4 year old.
 Proof positive that every generation has known how to party!
 I scored a poke sack of buttons that were so sick that a lot of the bag was dead.  I could see a few good ones I thought I could salvage so picked it up anyway.
After cleaning and sorting, these are what I was able to salvage.  Not bad!  You can click the picture bigger.  The black glass ones are unusual in that they have two tiny sew-on holes on each edge. There are also a couple of small MOP whistles.
Next post will be the Sunday return to the digger sale.

10 comments:

Annette said...

I love the picture of the three happy people. I wonder if they are brothers and sis. Don't know how many buttons you had toss but those red ones (every one of them) are just great!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

If I had found the leather travel journal...I would have hugged it! hahaha! Love the old buttons and that amazing stash of lace in the post before this one! Lots of good stuff! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Cute photo and some good buttons. I am anxious to see what the digger sale brings.

xo Danielle

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I still chuckle over buttons being "sick". Curious about the digger sale and what I missed over the weekend...DANG!

CATHY said...

a good group! my - you have been getting a lot of goodies! Are you storing for when you retire and open your OWN shop?? I can open one next door and sell treasures from Asia : ) Glad your work project went well and is over! enjoy the summer.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I noticed the pile of buttons right away, you did good pickin' and sorting out the keepers. I'm really liking those dishes, don't think I've ever seen any quite like them.

Annette said...

What a beautiful color green those dishes are. I just love finding and reading old journals! You find the coolest stuff!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such cute people!! Love those gorgeous red buttons!! I can't wait to see what the digger sale brought!! :) xo Holly

Maureen said...

I see you found more Wades! Excellent!

I was thinking of you the other day... I was looking through my stash for suitable buttons for a few cushions I am knitting. You'd think I could find some wooden ones with all the jars I have, but no. And Walmart up here sucks big time for button selection. I need to get back to the thrift store to find me some big wooden buttons! ;)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, those green dishes are gorgeous. Finding the old journal is a treasure. Love the buttons and that old photograph is a hoot.
Have a great weekend.
hugs