Friday, January 29, 2010

Solder Bliss

Andy was over tonight and gave me another soldering lesson. Am I the luckiest Mom EVER?? I tried it without his coaching a couple of nights ago and got so discouraged I nearly cried but tonight I think I am starting to "get it". #2 heat setting. Wipe the tip then set it down, wipe the tip then set it down. Repeat. These don't have the jump rings soldered on yet and I don't have any of the special, magical flux and patina remover to clean them but I am pretty happy with the results so far. Not bad for a soldering virgin - no? Oh, I made the hand colored paper and stamped the images. Did I even mention that? Probably not. More to come. And I think I will hang them on ball chain. Or maybe ribbon. And they will be shiny by then, yes they will.

No comments: