Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Catch Up

 Christmas is all packed away for another year here but I received some surprises at Christmas time that I wanted to share.  The framed fairy quote is from a local friend, Carol (no blog).  The sheet music under the glass is French.  Where in the world did she find THAT! The lettering is on top of the glass so it has wonderful depth.  Here is the funny thing, she doesn't consider herself a crafter.  Well, me thinks she is mistaken.  Thank you, Carol.  It has a place of honor on my desk.
 This beautiful card is from Cathy at ma vie trouvee.  She always uses unexpected colors and yet it says "Christmas".  I love those rhinestones and that creativity!  Thank you, Cathy!
This gorgeous card is from Maureen at Victorian Studio.  It has about eight different layers giving it a wonderful dimensional quality.  She uses her amazing accumulation of tools and knows just what do with each one.  She has me Jonesing to learn about Cuttlebug and Sizzix and Cricut.  Thank you for your inspiration, Maureen!

10 comments:

Annette said...

What beautiful and wonderful surprises to receive. There is so much talent and creativity in those goodies!

Art and Sand said...

What lovely gifts you received.

I too would love a Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Cricut or Silhouette. Now that my creative space is ready (my inaugural project was to hem a dress for KC who is going to a wedding in San Francisco this weekend) I have the space and I am leaning toward a Silhouette.

Happy Creating!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

They are all gorgeous and I think Carol definitely needs a blog!!

Carol

Annette said...

Such lovely gifts. I agree that Carol is a crafter. I have a pillow in my sunroom with that quote on it. You have some very nice friends to send such treasures your way!!

Curtains in My Tree said...

those are sweet treasures.I just love home made cards or in today's language repurpose art cards LOL

Maureen said...

Oh thank you Kathy! You are very welcome (and too kind); thank YOU for the awesome card too! I just love having a piece of my blogger friend's work in my own Studio.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Me thinks she's a crafter too. What pretty gifts you received! Maureen's creations are so amazing.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, I just love the framed quote with glass. Your friend is a crafter for sure. Love the cards too. Such talent!!

Thank you for stopping by and enjoying the blue skies of Texas.
Have a great weekend my friend.
Hugs

Laurie said...

What lovely surprises! I too did a post like this today! ;) Feeling caught up yet? Nah, me neither.

CATHY said...

oh my - thank you for sharing my card. I am so behind in my blog hopping I just saw it! And Marueen's card sure is beautiful! and carol's quote - so simple so pretty. Blog friends from around the world - how wonderful!!!