Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Picks - Part One

 Time for just one estate sale on Saturday and I left with a sweet pile of sewing notions for my Etsy store.  Yes, that bowl in the back is the one I bought a couple of weeks ago.  It is holding 50+ zippers.
 Everything isn't headed to Etsy.  This vintage dried flower picture is staying with me.
 And these Fostoria Baroque parfaits will be added to the husband's collection.  They are sitting on a stunning lace scarf head cover that is already listed in my Etsy shop.
 A cute little Royal Ruby vase for my collection and, in front of it, cards of vintage rayon seam binding.  I love that stuff!  My stash is overflowing so I need to get some of that listed, too.
 My proudest accomplishment....  There was a huge pile of doilies and I heaped them right into my box, like I always do, and then...  wait for it....  I put them back!  For once I left them behind for someone else to rescue.  Of course, my box was really full with all the sewing stuff so no promises but, as they say, one step at a time!  I kept this one table runner because it was a unique pattern...
...and this pile of crochet squares that are just waiting to be stitched together into pillows or a tablecloth.  The two tiny salt and peppers will be added to my collection.
Stay tuned for Part Two, Sunday at the VOA.

6 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

I can understand your decision to keep the dried flower picture. It's beautiful. xx

Annette said...

Wow, you put them back! Wow!!
You certainly scored on the sewing front, but I really do like the stuff you're keeping. The dried flower picture is pretty cool!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

The dried flower picture is precious, I'd be keeping it too. You scored a jackpot of sewing treasures. Love those crochet squares.

My Vintage Mending said...

That is an amazing little picture of dried flowers...I love the size of the frame and oh is that a sweet little bowl I spy in the background...smiles..Renee

vintage grey said...

Such beautiful finds, and I love the dried flower picture! So pretty!! And of course I love the crocheted squares! ;) xo Heather

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a fun bunch of notions and I love the little dried flower picture too. Glad that is a keeper for you. I did well on notions this past weekend too. I'll have to do a post on it as soon as I get it sorted. You did really good.

xo
Danielle