Sunday, February 26, 2012

There Should Be A 12-Step Program

 Remember when I said I was going to stop making tons of work for myself by rescuing every doily in my path?  So much for that.  Off the wagon.  I went to The Bins today, intending to look for ruffled curtains.  There was not a ruffle to be found but everywhere I turned there was a doily.  To be more accurate, every heap I turned over had a doily in it.
 A new little studio friend jumped in my cart at some point.
You have also hear me lament that I never, ever find hats or millinery-type flowers around here.  I found out why.  Someone else was hoarding them and finally decided to let go.  A seriously HUGE bag full.  This will be fun to look through.  The Bins is no place for sorting...  at $1.69 a pound, in the cart it goes.
I'm off to "weed" the flowers and water the doilies.

9 comments:

oldgreymare said...

oh how I wish we had "bins" here.. : (
xx
z

marie said...

Hurray for bins! Love that you're going to weed the flowers and water the doilies...that made me laugh.

Diane said...

Completely understandable--how could you resist?!

Susan said...

I never find millinery flowers either. What a good find! I wish we had bins where I live! Sounds like a fun place!

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh there is a twelve step program it is called open and sort to your hearts delight. Have a great time...Smiles..Rene

Barbara said...

Junk by the pound ... and it doesn't look very junky. No wonder you're obsessed!

Annette said...

I want to come live where you live!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I hope the program is working for you. Remember that these things take time:-)

Laurie said...

Oh, the millinery! I would love to go through that bag with you!