We just got back this afternoon from a couple of days goofing off at the beach. Since I haven't posted in a few days I thought I'd do a quick one and show you something I was working on before we left.
I have been wanting to try adding flannel fringe to a garment for a while now. I even cut the flannel strips and took them along when we went camping in July, thinking I might hand stitch them. When I finished the lace organization project I was determined to try this before I started anything else.
I used three different flannel prints and cut them into strips about 1/2"x6". I just folded them in half and stitched them along the bottom hem of the blouse then ran it through the washer and dryer. This is how it looks after one wash cycle. I think the flannel will continue to fray and fluff with more washing but I'm happy enough with the way the experiment turned out that I will do it again.
Since this was an experiment I used an old blouse that is a little too big and pretty worn out already. The only thing I will change for next time is using a better blouse - although it will probably still be an up-cycle since that's part of the fun!
Sweet Salvage ~ Where In The World Finale'
3 hours ago