Friday, October 31, 2014

Hunting and Gathering and Wishing and Hoping

 A few recent finds...  The buttons and the yellow satin box are from the Monticello Antique Mall.  I stopped over there last Saturday and took the official plunge by signing up on the waiting list for a small space.  I love my little Etsy shop but I have to admit I am a little burned out on all the photographing and listing and STORING.  I don't intend to give it up altogether but I would like to ratchet it back to just the smalls, like I started with.  I don't know how long it will take or if I will even get a space but I have my fingers crossed!
 The rest of the treasures are from my old reliable VOA.  The bowl is Pyrex.  The crows are because it is Halloween - LOL!
 I found these awesome old skates pushed to the back in the sporting goods section and they had waited for me until they were on half price.  I grabbed them before I even knew that so it was a happy surprise at the checkout!
 I adore the old wooden hangers with words.  Did you see the one in the photo up above?  Magic and joy.  I'll taken 'em!

These are a few of the recent favorite buttons.
The Pyrex bowl was dirty, as vintage finds often are.  I figured I could just wash it and all would be well.  Well, not so much...  I have tried Magic Eraser, SOS, Goof Off and Bleach.  NOTHING is budging this mark.  Anyone have any ideas or I just donate it back??

11 comments:

the author said...

See if your local market carries Bar Keepers Friend in their cleaner aisle -- it's like Comet, but it removes just about any stain from the white sides of vintage cookware (I used it to get the rust marks from my mom's old dishwasher off her ancient Corelle.) A word of warning, though -- don't use on any part that has a pattern on it, as it can scour them away.

NanaDiana said...

I was going to suggest Bar Keepers Friend, too. If that fails how about Oops? Could it be a paint product of some sort?

LOVE the hangers. Have a great weekend- xo Diana

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, You sure got some great finds. Love those skates. Sounds like you tried everything on that mark. How about acetone nail polish remover, then wash real good.
Happy November!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'm so excited you took the plunge and you're officially waiting for your very own space. You sure have been collecting some wonderful treasures and I hope you get that call soon!! Love those skates and the hangers are so much fun. I wish I had a cure for your Pyrex bowl, I would have tried everything you already did. I think someone might just want it anyway especially if they're trying to complete a set.

Annette said...

YOU TOOK THE PLUNGE!!!!! I am so excited for you. Monticello would be a great place to be. Love the treasures and as a couple people said, Barkeepers friend for the Pyrex. I used it by the ton when I had my space as it cleans very well. If that doesn't do it, sell as is.

vintage grey said...

Sweet finds, and I love the hangers!! I collect the cleaner hangers, too and just love them! Ice skates are so fun!! Hope you get that mark off and get a space to sell your treasures soon, too! xo Heather

oldgreymareprimitives said...

ditto on Bar Keepers....

Maggie said...

always fun to see your treasures, and yes, I can imagine you have a problem STORING it all, because it seems like you are constantly amassing wonderful, un-pass-up-able stuff from all your favorite haunts. It would be so fantastic to see you in a space at Monticello!!!! Hope it happens for you :-)

xox,
maggie

Annette said...

The old ice skates are fantastic! They would make a great Christmas decoration with some greenery and bows. I truly hope you get a space soon...very excited for you :)

My Garden Diaries said...

OH!!! Those skates are wonderful!! And that hanger is awesome! Such fantastic finds friend! Nicole xo

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I came by after you left a comment on my blog and now I'm hooked on yours. I'm your newest follower.

What the heck can that mark possibly be on the Pyrex??