Saturday, May 14, 2011

SugarCushion

I found this sweet little sugar bowl at the local thrift.  The lid was broken and it was  sitting there pouting like a pretty girl who lost her hat in the wind.  I just had to bring it home and give it a second life as a "sugarcushion". 
The cushion is made from tightly stuffed fiber-fill enclosed in heavy pink cotton and covered again with lace net.  It is embellished with vintage tatting hand-sewn around the edge.  I have added a pink corsage pin and several vintage straight pins to pick up the vivid colors on the vintage bowl.
I am hooking up with the "No Tomatoes Pincushion Contest" at Arrow Sewing Cabinets.  Please click PoshGirlFriday, to check out the next entry in the hop.  In case you get lost, you arrived here from HongKongChic.  Thanks to the folks at Arrow for hosting and Rebecca for linking everything up and answering my questions!
For all my followers...  stay tuned because I have some plans for this little sugar cushion!

12 comments:

Diane said...

What a great way to bring this pretty sugar bowl back to life!

Tracey said...

That sugar bowl is SWEET! ;)
I love it! What a great re-purpose idea.

Mandy @HKCHIC said...

Very nicely done! it looks like it was meant to be a pin cushion!!! :)

Annette said...

Oh, it's fabulous!!! I've seen them made with teacups but yours is just delightful! Love it! And I'm so glad you entered the contest!

SharonA said...

Love this! Such a cute way to use orphan china, I'm definitely going to try this.

Turnedgypsy said...

cute pin cushion idea..


Chris
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Please visit my blog if you get a chance. I did not post today because we have a job going on at our house...storm damage from last week clean up

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

but when I start posting again...I will have giveaways..

Bobbi said...

this is such a sweet cushion! i love using dishes of some sort. :)

Becky said...

Doh! Why didn't I think of that the last time a saw a pretty but "hatless" sugar bowl! I love what you did.

Anonymous said...

great use of the sugar bowl, very dainty!
Karla Schroeder

MulticrafterAmy said...

That is a wonderful way to repurpose that sugar bowl. Very pretty.

Kd Brown said...

Very elegant and classy. I love your idea and how you execute it. Great job!

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

What a great idea and so pretty!! Thanks for sharing :)