Friday, April 8, 2011

New Altered Book Pages

Harry Truman was known for saying "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" but Benjamin Franklin said it first: "If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun". You can interpret this as a suggestion to stay on the porch if you're not prepared to run with the big dogs but I prefer to think of it as advice to know yourself. Irving Berlin said "Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it". I have shared before that I work in this book randomly and don't necessarily think about how the quotes relate to each other, although I did put those two Janis Joplin pages facing. Mostly I think about trying to use complementary colors. These two were random but now that they are finished {for now!}, it is kind of interesting how the quotes relate to each other. I got a nice note from Beth Livesay today confirming my little fabric journal will FINALLY be included in the spring copy of SEW Somerset. The photos I used were taken exactly one year ago. I found myself staring at the pictures thinking, really, that's what I did?? - LOL! When it comes home it will be all new again! It has been a daunting week in the office and the weatherman is promising a nice day on Saturday so I'm looking forward to some outdoor time. Sunday we will be back to rain so wish me some junking luck! Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Annette said...

The first thing I noticed was how colorful, bright and cheerful the pages were. Both are great quotes. I had not heard the Ben Franklin one before but I like it. So glad you got the word on the journal finally! Have fun junkin'...wish I could go with you!!

Diane said...

Love the colors of these pages! Congrats on the magazine too! It's actually going to be a tiny bit warmer here today, but no real sales starting up yet. Next week is a nice antique show that they have twice a year here--can't wait for that!