Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Latest Junk

 Whew, I made it - it hasn't been a whole week!  As promised, I will try to keep the commentary brief.
 Vintage Raffia Ware mugs plus one tumbler.  Thank you Annette for reminding me what they are called and welcome back to blogland after your little family hiatus.
 How happy are we (me) that we don't have to be Barbie and wear one of these any longer.  I am ALL about comfort!  I do love the box, though.  A Sweetheart of a Figure!
 This tin might be one of Kathy's follies.  The lid is a little sprung but I brought it home anyway in hopes I can figure out how to fix it.
 A nice score of vintage book boards.  In my perfect world I would find the time to use them to make inspiration kits.  Big sigh.
 It was a good ephemera day.  The Old Faithful picture is one of five "giant" Yosemite postcards.
 A couple more tea balls for my collection and an old wooden fishing float for my patio wall.
Favorite find of the day!  This is a MOE airplane desk lamp made between 1948 and 1953.  I have done a little research and it looks like I can still find replacement bulbs for it so restoration is to come.  I don't know if I will be able to part with this one!
I hope you are having a good junk week!

8 comments:

Annette said...

I'm just in awe of the fun, unique junk you find. I love the book boards. I have no idea what I would do with them, but they sure are cool. Somebody from my childhood had the raffia ware tumblers. It's driving me nuts that I can't remember who it was. Thanks for the shout out! :)

Our Hopeful Home said...

Wow, that lamp is really something else! You should share this lovely vintage post over at our Vintage Charm party, Thursday 2/25 starting at 8:00 am EST. And I love the Novena cards! xo Kathleen

Curtains in My Tree said...


Love the girdle box I remember it from my grandmother's day's, she always had a hard time getting into her new girdle's LOL
Also like the airplane desk lamp I would use it on my studio table

Looks like I won't get to connect up with you next month anyway

Melissa said...

OMG that lamp! I absolutely love it.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Junkin' score! I had no idea those lamps had a name...makes perfect sense to me, and it's my favorite too.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I think everyone agrees you have a winner with that lamp! Good find.

The Junque Seeker said...

That lamp is awesome! The DH has a similar one, and we were able to find a bulb for it. You find such great things. The sales here have been awful so far this year. I'm hoping for better luck when it warms up.

Gail said...

You find the very best for sure!