Saturday, January 23, 2016

Camera Dump

 This picture has nothing to do with anything other than it is about the only spot in the art room that I would dare show you.  I envy those bloggers who show studios that are curated and decorated with pretty little vignettes.  We flipped a circuit breaker the other day so Husband had to move a bunch of my junk precious treasures to get to the panel box and it is all still heaped on the floor.  I just have pig piles of chaos waiting for my attention.
 This old wooden dough bowl is a favorite recent find.  The black blob inside it is a hat.  I still haven't gotten around to taking the camera in for a check-up.  I don't think the folk art cow is old because it has a label on the belly that says "Beaches".  I haven't gotten anywhere trying to research it because Google finds everything Beaches except what I am looking for. He is missing an ear but I liked the look so picked it up anyway.  Yes, I bought a cow with one ear.
 There is still no shortage of Christmas to be found.  The coloring book has wonderful pictures inside and is unused.
 I was smitten with the wax baby Jesus in this candle.  Oops, I should have cropped out the forbidden plain round Shiny Brite.  At least it is pink.
 I don't think these ornaments are old but I think they are sort of wonderful.
 Another favorite recent find is the old Juice-O-Matic in my favorite Grandma Green.  The round thing in the upper right is a chimney flue cover.
 If you follow me on Instagram then you have already seen the juicer, along with the next three finds.
 Chippy chalkware Madonna.  I picked up the upholstery fabric in the back thinking I would like it better than what I put on my kitchen chairs but now I'm thinking it is probably too thick for the corners.  I adore the pattern so it will stay around and wait to be the perfect thing.
 These darling angels are marked Italy.  They don't necessarily scream Christmas at me so I think I might just let them hang out with me for a while.
THIS is what has been impeding my progress on cleaning up the art room.  I found two big boxes of these horse ribbons and have been working on listing them in my Etsy.  I have sold almost a hundred of them already and I am down to just one more lot to list.  When I brought them home my room smelled like a barn for two days.  A stiff brush and some Febreez works wonders.
For those of you up there in the frozen Northeast, snuggle down and take good care!!

8 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You sure found another load of fabulous treasures. I must say that those ribbons are my favorites. It's no wonder you've sold so many.

Marrianna said...

Love the little overnight case, the angels, and the little Mexican Christmas decorations. Congratulations on the score of the horse ribbons and selling them on Etsy. Everything looks great!

Laurie said...

I love horse ribbons, too, but I must admit I haven't yet made a craft with any of mine! Must change that! I wish I was still out there thrifting...sigh. Lots of fun to see your finds, though!!

mary scott said...

I haven't heard "Grandma Green" before. My friends & I say Martha green for that color. That's because we 1st fell in love with it thru Martha Stewart & her showcasing of all her jadite. I hated the color green when I was young & dumb. I now have 2 big rooms in my house painted green & lots of green pottery planters in that shade of green. thanks

Melissa said...

Ooo Kathy, I'd love to get my hand on the rest of those horse show ribbons if you'd like to sell them in one big lot! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that overnight case and those jello molds. How interesting about the ribbons! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

Sandi Magle said...

What a great "DUMP" lol, I'm afraid to even walk into my craft room unarmed. Great bunch of stuff...love the juicer, I hope it works, I remember they were very noisy---or maybe that was just my Gramma's. Thanks for sharing, Sandi

Deanies Stash said...

Lots of goodies. My sewing/craft room right now is so horrible that I am afraid the grandkids will go in there and get lost! LOL!