Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Rug Reveal

I don't hate it - WHEW!  After 20 years with the same rug it was quite a challenge to commit and select a new one, not to mention finding one in the right size.  My rooms are very small and I could not fit anything larger than 8'x10' but couldn't go much smaller, either, or it would "float".   I have to keep walking over it until I get my feet "filled up" with how plush it is.  I almost bought a cushioned pad to go under it, instead of the gripping pad, but I am glad I didn't as it has plenty of loft on it's own and any more might have been a tripping hazard.
This is the before shot so you can see it is a drastic change from very traditional to something more modern.  That isn't my normal M.O. but it was good to shake things up once in a while and I am happy with the result.
Now I have to go walk on it some more.  Maybe I will lay down....  8+)

15 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Looks great! Isn't it such a great feeling when something you are anticipating works out so well? Love that you are filling up your feet...enjoy!

Annette said...

Wow, what a difference. The old rug is really beautiful, but the new one is bold and fresh. I like it a lot and I'm so glad you like it too.

The Junque Seeker said...

Love it! It looks great, and I'm so glad you're happy with it. I got a funky new rug a couple of years ago, and it makes me happy every day.

CATHY said...

I love the new one! that is my style! glad you are happy with it.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, love your new rug and the colors are gorgeous. Isn't it amazing how just one item can change a whole room. Enjoy.
Hugs

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's beautiful! Lots of barefootin' for you now...and it looks great! Enjoy your day! Hugs

Annette said...

The new rug is just awesome!! Love it. I can see how that is a big change but aren't you so happy that you dove in and made the commitment? Change can bring about new awareness. Plus you get the bonus of comfy feet.

Marrianna said...

The new rug is wonderful. Thank you for showing us the original rug and the new one. Marvelous!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Glad you got to shake things up a bit LOL with your new fancy rug
I have been looking for a new rug also , maybe a red oriental rug ? I'll know when I see it

Laurie said...

I love the new rug! Great choice!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh yes, a great choice. I can see how soft it is, does that make sense? Love the colors too.

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love it. It's a nice change.

xo Danielle

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy, I really like it!!! We have to change things up from time to time!

ps: maybe when you retire you can come to Orlando for the Polka Dot Flea....How fun would that be!!! of course if you bought the warehouse, I would have to head your way!

Carol

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

It looks so good, love it!! What a nice change! :) xo Holly

Maureen said...

Beautiful Kathy! Love the colours and new design. What a great way to freshen up a room, eh?