Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Junking At The VOA

 I only had time for one junking stop this weekend so it was my weekly trek to the VOA.  The clerk commented to another customer that I always find the best stuff - and I think she is right!  I was very pleased with my finds today.
I haven't decided what I will do with the cardboard drawers yet.  I might cover with wallpaper because that is always so pretty, or might just remove the drawers and use the shelves to hold boxes I already have.  Don't you hate when you have to un-stack to get to the one you want?
 A sweet new birdie for my collection.  I have a big collection of vintage canning jars that I have had for years and years.  I am thinking it is time to part with some of those so I can make room for my ever-growing bird collection.
I am not sure what the little cards are.  They say "Flowers from Bethlehem" along the bottom and each one s decorated with dried flower petals.  I am sure someone will have a use for them so they will be headed to Etsy.
 These will go to Etsy, too.  Maybe.  A set of three signed miniature Limoges plates with brass hangers.  They would be SO pretty in a gold frame!
 A vintage Androck flour sifter that still has the original paper label and five old Schilling spice tins.  When I was washing them off I was surprised to discover that one of them was made of cardboard with a metal top and bottom.  I didn't realize they ever made them from cardboard.  Hopefully it won't dry too wonky and I lose it.  All of this will be headed to Etsy, too.
 A children's tea party set of Made in Japan Lusterwear dishes.  These will probably be saved for a shadowbox.
 Two thimbles for my non-collection.  I'm still in denial on that one!
And a fun little 1966 book about the history of television programs.  Some of us who are of a certain age can recognize these celebrities.  Every page is illustrated with stills from the old shows.  It distracted me through a whole quarter of the Seahawks game. Whoa! Doh!
Go Seahawks!!

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That flour sifter sure is a neat find and I love your little birdie. You found lots of goodies! I got to go yesterday and found a few things...not a lot. But I think I'll group them together and show them off soon. Sweet hugs!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I especially love that little tea set. :-)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

That book would have me distracted too, I recognize most of them. Great finds Kathy, I think my favorite is the flower sifter.

Art and Sand said...

What fun finds. I love the colorful plates.

Maureen said...

Ah yes, I remember the metal / cardboard "tins". Did I just date myself?

Rats, I guess I did.

Love all your finds Kathy! You have great thrifting radar.

Annette said...

Dang!!! I actually went to the VOA a couple weeks ago and found one little thing!! How do you do it? I do recognize the celebs in the book and am proud to say so!!!
Great finds once again and I love your birdie!!

vintage grey said...

Great finds! Love the sifter and sweet birdie planter! Happy new week Kathy! xo Heather

Annette said...

Well, it's true, you do find the best stuff! I look forward to seeing the shadow box that gets the tea set! I bet the book was a fascinating distraction!